The primary goal of the two-day full-scale exercise was to ensure the state of Hawaii Department of Health (HDOH) possessed the capability to effectively and efficiently coordinate Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) response capabilities in accordance with the Hawaii SNS plan, and related Field Operations Guides (FOGs).
The exercise included over 1350 participants, incorporated over 60 local, state, federal, non-governmental, and private sector organizations.
The exercise included the following:
- Transportation and delivery to the Receive, Stage, and Storage (RSS) site, as well as Point of Dispensing (POD) sites,
- Use of Security and Medical Countermeasure Warehouse Field Operations Guides,
- Use of Agency phase-based Execution Checklists,
- Security procedures during transit, as well as at the RSS and POD sites,
- Distribution of medical material at open and closed POD sites, and
- Recovery of medical material and equipment.
- “Great exercise for quick, fast dispensing of medication.”
- “This was the first time in over 100 SNS exercises that I’ve seen so many security agencies involved in one exercise.”