This Tabletop Exercise involved the development, conduct, and evaluation of tabletop exercises for the Hawaii Department of Health to test stakeholder emergency preparedness and response plans for Ebola in Hawaii.
The TTX was designed to allow players to discuss court orders, notification, support for quarantined individuals, and decontamination issues related to an EVD patient on Oahu. Specifically, the exercise allowed players to test the following public health preparedness capabilities:
- Medical Materiel Management and Distribution
- Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions
- Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation
- “The scenario was clear and well thought out.”
- “Good overview, process, and design.”